The Public Relations Industry is what some may call ‘fast-paced’ and at times it can be (very) stressful. Here are a few tips on how to stay sane when things seem to be getting a little crazy.
- Organize your Inbox. Email is a key form of communication in the PR industry- and a cluttered inbox makes for a stressful day. Take some time before you leave work to go through your inbox and organize it. Delete emails you no longer need and file the rest. When you come in to work the next morning a clean inbox will be very refreshing.
- Take a break from your desk. We know you all love sitting at your desk staring at a computer screen, but sometimes you just need a break. Take your lunch break outside and enjoy the weather, walk around your building or even stand up and stretch at your desk. Anything to get you moving throughout the day!
- Drink something other than coffee. We are all guilty of it—but next time you feel the need for some caffeine swap out that morning coffee (or maybe just the second morning coffee) for an Orange Juice or water. This is not only healthier but it will keep you from hitting that mid-day slump and give you actual energy to power through the rest of the day!
- Take a break from your tech devices. This may be very difficult considering our phones and tablets are like an additional limb—but you can do it! Try putting down your gadgets an hour before you go to bed and you will wake up a new (well-rested) person.
- Breathe. This may seem silly, but the best thing to do when faced with a stressful situation is to stop and take a deep breath. This will help calm you down as well as give you some time to take a step back and really think about the task at hand. Easy as that!
How do you relax in the fast-paced world of Public Relations? Comment below!
Don’t forget to Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook!